Wednesday 25 January 2012

Welcome

Hi, and welcome to my blog. I am an unorganised person when it comes to things like blogs, but we will see how we go. Actually, I'm unorganised about most things. My husband points out to me that I should say disorganised because unorganised isn't a word. I point out that "dis" implies that there is organisation there to be deranged. I never had it in the first place. So I stick with unorganised.

This is a blog about food. I don't pretend to be an expert on food, nor do I have the time or the money to be extravagant with it. But I like it and so here we go.

I am a stay at home mum with three young girls - currently 4, 2 and 5 months. This keeps me busy, and presents some interesting culinary situations. I like to cook. I find it relaxing when I don't have kids jumping around me needing things. I like to cook with my kids but don't do it nearly often enough since I am so busy that it's just quicker and easier to do it myself.

My culinary passion is baking. I just love making things with butter, sugar, and chocolate. The only problem is that my husband isn't much of a snacker, and I feel too guilty if I give my daughters too many sweet biscuits and things, so it's usually me who eats it all. Not that I complain, but my waistline does a bit. I quite enjoy making yummy dinners but it is baking that really gets me going.

Here then is my food blog, ready to drift out with all those other food blogs. I don't know if anyone will read it, but even if no one does it will serve it's purpose as a place for me to chronicle all the food I eat, make and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment